Summary guidelines for using the FreshwaterLife website and on copyright
Please Note: This is not a legal document. The FreshwaterLife general terms and conditions and copyright statement should always be consulted in addition to these general notes.
The FreshwaterLife project is owned and administered by the project partners. We refer to these partners collectively as FreshwaterLife.
In the following points, we refer to the FreshwaterLife website, this should be taken to include all FreshwaterLife products, including software, systems, hardcopy products and CD-ROMS, etc.
- By using the FreshwaterLife website you are agreeing to be bound by the General Terms and Conditions, the FreshwaterLife Copyright Statement, and to follow the FreshwaterLife Content Submission Policy and Guidelines documents. If you access and use any of the data made available to you on this site, you do so subject to the conditions in these documents. Additionally, some of the data you access may be subject to specific terms that the owner or supplier of that data has imposed on its use.
- You may use material on the FreshwaterLife website for personal use, but not for commercial gain. If you do use material, you must not make modifications and you must be sure to properly reference FreshwaterLife and the original information source (see Referencing FreshwaterLife for further information).
- Use of any material on the FreshwaterLife website other than for personal use must first be cleared with the Chief Editor.
- Users are welcome to submit items in any language. English language keywords should be used to better facilitate the retrieval of their item(s) in a search.
- If you enter information about websites or other materials, you should not copy any titles and descriptions without permission. You should review each website, etc and construct your own title and review, abstract or summary as required.
- If you submit material to FreshwaterLife, you must make sure that you have the permission of the owner to do so and are responsible for keeping an appropriate record.
- FreshwaterLife can not be held responsible for the accuracy of the information on the FreshwaterLife website. You should independently verify any information and material on this website before relying upon it.
- Linked websites are not under the control of FreshwaterLife.
- FreshwaterLife has copyright on the FreshwaterLife website. Copyright for individual items within the website remains with the original owner.
- Other products will be created from the FreshwaterLife website material. By inclusion of materials on the FreshwaterLife website, it is understood that no further permissions for these uses are needed.
- You must use the information available on the FreshwaterLife website responsibly.
- You must not use any of the personal data made available to you on this website (for example, the name and address of an individual) for any purpose other than indicated and in particular, you must not use any personal data for mass mailing or direct marketing of any kind, or for any purposes which are not in keeping with the aims of FreshwaterLife.
- We do not warrant that any material available through this website will be free from viruses or other code that might be harmful. We have no liability for the inability of anyone to access this website or any information or material on it, and we do not warrant that this site will operate without interruption.